Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Color challenge.

Hello and good afternoon!
Today is the last day of summer for my kids, tomorrow is a full day of school!  I had to run out today and get some groceries for lunches.  I am not looking forward to school starting, I was getting spoiled sleeping in, and both kids start school early! yuck!! I guess I have to look forward to holidays and days off.
Today's card is for the color challenge over at Splitcoast. The challenge was to use black,  old olive and elegant eggplant.  I don't have eggplant , but not sure.  I have a mixed package from long ago and it had on  piece of purple card stock in it. I actually started with a Halloween card  because that is what the   colors reminded me of  but , changed my mind the last minute. 
I used a old set from Stampin up and colored them with my copics.  The edge is hard to see but i used my favorite MS punch and added some purple under it, the black layer is embossed with the swiss dot embossing folder and looking at the card again I think the center of the flowers need some sparkle! I was just too impatient to wait for it to dry. 
Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you tomorrow!


Recipe: SU- In full bloom, teeny tiny words
Paper: SU- black, olive and eggplant
ink:  memento
accessories: MS punch, ribbon and Embossing folder copics, and markers.