Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hey Chickie!

Okay I have a small rant here! I am so tired of the post office, it cost a fortune to mail our cards and now the post office has not delivered a card that I made for my friend who's Birthday was on Mon. She live about 20 mins away by car,  but I guess by mail it is going to be two weeks! This same friend sent my daughter a Birthday card back in March, she put some cash in the card, I know and she knows not to do that but it was $5, just something little and a note to let her know she was thinking of her. The card never came! We think someone took the money and tossed the card.
I really enjoy making square cards, but the cost to mail them is outrageous! It is a shame. I' done....just had to vent a bit!
   
Lets talk about Sweet Sketch Wednesdays. This week our wonderful sponsor is A Day for Daisies.  This weeks lucky winner will receive a $12 gift certificate to use in the Day for Daisies shop.

                                  

Here is this weeks sketch. You can use the sketch the way it is or use a circle instead.
                                            

                        


For this sketch I used the cute Chicken image called Amy Hen, I just love her apron and had to have her match my BG paper. Thanks for stopping in this week and hope to see you over at SSW2. 

One more thing I wanted to share today- This last week was prom, honors convocations, and Graduations.
So I wanted to share some photos of these. 



 
 
So proud of this Kid! He has worked so very hard the last 4 years to get those gold cords. It was such a fun week.
 

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Congratulations to Nic, Heide yes I would be that very proud mum as well. He looked stunning in his suit and her dress was beautiful. I guess Nic is off to Uni in the new school year what is going to be studying? Don't get me onto the subject of postage it cost me to send one of my cards to Australia to my sister $2.50. I had a parcel I needed to return to England it was going to cost me either $40 or $60 dollar more than the item was worth, its still sitting in my Jeep still in it's packaging. I do love your card this week and adore the papers you've used it has such a lovely vintage feel to it. Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Joanna M. said...

Right there with you sistah!! It IS expensive to mail cards. I usually put them in a large rectangular envie to avoid that extra expense of a square but since I can't help but add brads, buttons and bows ... it STILL costs a million dollars to mail.

I had to laugh at your picture of Nic with his cords. My nephew was almost late to his graduation because he couldn't find his cords when it came time to dress for his event. You must be so proud Heide. He is smart AND handsome.

Oh, and your card was PHENOMENAL. Loved the paper piecing and that fabulous sentiment!

Linda Anderson said...

I hate paying extra to mail cards, hence why I've gone to clean and simple with very few embellishments. Your card is fabulous!!! Love the chick and your paper piecing. Congrats to your son!! You must be one proud momma!!!

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Heide, Wow your son is handsome! It's always a bitter sweet moment at graduation as you know your son will be moving on in life! Looks like it was a wonderful day! Amy Hen is so cute! Your papers really set the mood and I love how you paper pieced her apron. Love that sentiment too! I need to add Amy to my list. Hope you have a nice summer!
Hugs, Judi

anne said...

Congratulations to Nic Heide, lovely photos.
Love your card this week, your doily and papers set off that little hen so perfectly.
Hope you are having a good week
Anne x